POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request to web authors : Re: Request to web authors Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request to web authors
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Jan 2001 08:53:24
Message: <3A6846D4.15429101@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> I like surfing on all the many interesting POV-Ray related websites around,
> but I don't do it much since I never know when there's something new on the
> different websites. Browsing through lots of pages regularly just to find
> that 95% have not been updated since last time I checked is not very fun...
>
> So I encourage web authors to make available services to which visitors can
> subscribe, so they'll get an e-mail at major updates of the site. Another
> nice thing is a "what's new" list which shortly states the latest updates on
> the site, so one know what to look for.

I have a 'last updated [date]' on my page, but i don't manage to change
this every time i add something.  I will think about adding a change
history.

As Lutz mentioned you can also use netmind, but they send advertisement
mails even if nothing has changed on the monitored page, furthermore i
don't know if it only works for single pages or whole websites.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>